Saturday, February 20, 2010

Finally the Weekend

Well we've made it through the week - I started back to work on Monday and Sophie had her first week of grandma-daycare-nonnie care. Jason's mom is keeping Sophie on Mondays, she goes to daycare Tuesday through Thursday, and my mom keeps her on Fridays. It's a nice balance I think. It was a lot harder going back to work than I expected. I've always liked working - it gives me a sense of accomplishment. I never expected that I might not want to go back to work. All those feelings have changed this week.

Sophie's daycare has internet viewing - so I could log-in and watch her during the day. I thought this would give me peace of mind, but I think it only raised my anxiety. I scrutinized every moment of her day. Was she sleeping too much, were they playing with her enough, does she eat okay???? After threatening Jason that I was going to quit my job immediately- I've decided to give myself a few weeks and see how things go - see if it gets easier - see if I feel more comfortable - just see....After all - we could "afford" to live on Jason's salary but we could not live the way we live now - it would be a tremendous adjustment and one I'm just not sure we're ready to make. So,  in essence, I'm just glad we are relaxing this weekend. I'm happy just to be at home with Jason and Sophie. No decisions have to be made today. Nothing has to change yet. We can just wait and see....we made it through week 1.


On a lighter note, we celebrated our first Valentine's Day as a family. Jason had to work on Valentine's Day so we celebrated on Saturday. We went to breakfast with Sophie and then we went to Build-A-Bear and made Sophie a valentine bear. That night, my parents watched Sophie and Jason and I went out on a date for Valentine's Day. Here's our family valentine picture:



No comments:

Post a Comment