Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Year - New Beginnings

As I start out into the world of motherhood, I wanted a way to look for something that defines me as an individual, a wife, a mother, and a friend. So here's our family blog - a place that I can chronicle the adventures of our life and look for activities, people, places, etc that inspire me to be me.

So here's what we've been up to recently:
Our daughter Sophie was born on November 23 and has brought such amazing joy to our lives. I've been able to stay home with her these last 8 weeks and sadly my maternity leave will be ending in 4 more weeks and I'll have to return to work.

The first few weeks with Sophie were such a whirlwind - with Thanksgiving and Christmas - we were busy busy visiting family and friends. We are now finally starting to settle into a routine. Sophie is absolutely amazing. She recently has started smiling like crazy and making those new baby noises that just bring a smile to my face. She loves to sit and have conversations!! Here's a few pictures from the past few weeks!


Hanging out at home!


Christmas


Family Christmas Picture


Sophie's Baptism Day

And here's pictures of Sophie having fun!














1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie...I love the picture of you guys hanging out at home! She looks so peaceful on daddy's chest. So sweet. And might I add...a BEAUTIFUL baby! Congrats. We still owe you guys dinner...honestly we have been sick since the beginning of December. Didn't want to bring unwanted illness to you guys. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete